4 Point Inspections
Get a 4 Point Inspection Service
IMPORTANT! Here is how to prepare for your 4 Point Inspection services. Upon seeing photos, call us with any concerns and we will be happy to assist you with questions (239) 340-0375.
- Please be sure these components are accessible please clear a path for the inspector for electrical panel, water heater and attic access.
- Do you have any receipts or permits for updates to PLUMBING, AIR CONDITIONING, ELECTRICAL OR ROOFING? Please have this information available as it will definitely help you.
Why do I need a four point inspection?
Insurance companies have become reluctant to issue Insurance on older homes that are 25 years old or more.
The concern is that there may be conditions in an older home that could lead to a liability for them. For example, a home with a roof nearing the end of its life expectancy may fail while under the policy and the homeowner may seek reimbursement from their insurance company for damages to the home. In addition, the same applies to the condition of the HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems in an older home.
In conclusion, most homeowners take pride in ownership and are thankful to be made aware of deficiencies which could lead to fire or water damage.
SEE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS ABOVE AS A GUIDE
Examples of notable deficiencies:
- PLUMBING: Leaking plumbing, cast iron plumbing, polybutylene piping or grey piping.
- ELECTRICAL: Loose wiring (typically found in attics), electrical hazards such as leaking weather heads, double wiring or improper wiring in service panel, the absence of ground wires, and hazardous panels (Zinsco, Federal Pacific Stab Lok panels).
- HVAC (A/C & Heating): Window units are typically of concern, so if you have them be sure to let your agent know so they may further instruct you.
- ROOFING: Loose, missing or deteriorated roofing may be considered non insurable. Life expectancy on 3 tab shingle roof is 20 years, dimensional roofing 25 years and metal 35-50 years. Furthermore, underwriters require a minimum of 4 years life expectancy at which point the roof will be insurable for 1 more year as the cut off in life expectancy is 3 years.